You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
== IOC05. Aberystwyth, University of Wales (UK) 1993, March 1-3: Metabolic energetics in ecological, cellular and biomedical research ==
Local organizer: Richard B Kemp
=== 1. Methods in Biological Calorimetry and Respirometry ===
* Gnaiger Erich (Univ. Innsbruck, AT): Design, function and an overview on applications of the Oroboros Oxygraph.
* Gnaiger Erich (Univ. Innsbruck, AT), Kemp Richard B (University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK): Design, function and an overview on biological applications of the ThermoMetric Thermal Activity Monitor.
* Kemp Richard B (University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK): The potential of calorimetric measurements in the analysis of growth by cultured animal cells.
* Gnaiger Erich, Mendez Gabriela (Univ. Innsbruck, AT): The measurement of P/O ratios in isolated mitochondria: High-resolution ADP pulse respirometry versus stopped-flow respirometry.
* Kemp Richard B (University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK): Aerobic and anaerobic metabolism in cultured mammalian cells.
* Gnaiger Erich, Steinlechner Rosmarie (Univ. Innsbruck, AT): Oxygen dependence of respiration: Oxygen limitation and down-regulation.
* Gnaiger Erich, Mendez Gabriela (Univ. Innsbruck, AT): Efficiency of oxidative phosphorylation under severe hypoxia: A novel approach by oxygen injection calorespirometry.
=== 2. Biological Applications of Mass Spectroscopy ===
* Lloyd David (University of Wales, Cardiff, UK): Membrane inlet quadruple mass spectroscopy for the measurement of biological gas exchange.
* Benstend Julie (University of Wales, Cardiff, UK): On the measurement of gaseous exchange in methanogenic systems.
* Goodacre Roy, Neal MJ, Kell Douglas B (University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK): Who's there? Quantification and classification of biological systems using pyrolysis mass spectroscopy and neural networks.
=== 3. Dielectrics ===
* Pethig Ronald (University of Wales, Bangor): Dielectrophoresis.
* Davey CL, Kell Douglas B (University of Wales, Aberystwyth, UK): Dielectrics and the quantification of microbial biomass.
=== 4. Instrument and software demonstrations ===
* Oroboros Oxygraph and DatLab. Erich Gnaiger, Innsbruck.
* Thermal Activity Monitor and DIGITAM, ThermoMetric. Bob Taylor, Northwich.
* GEPASI, Metabolic Simulator. P. Mendes, Aberystwyth.
* Biomass Monitor. Aber Instruments Ltd., Aberystwyth. Douglas Kell, Aberystwyth.
>> [[MiPNet03.03 Internat-Oxygraph-Workshops]]
'''We must very sorrowfully inform that our dear colleague, Dr. [[Kemp R| Richard Kemp]], passed away.'''
Save page Show preview Show changes Cancel