Reference: A: Determination of the respiration due to the alternative oxidase pathway »Versions
The SUIT-022 is designed to provide an estimation of the cyanide-and antimycin A-resistant mitochondrial respiration due to the activity of the alternative oxidase on cells on ROUTINE. To obtain a complete estimation of the contribution of both the alternative oxidase and the cytochrome c pathways, both SUIT-022 O2 ce D051 and SUIT-023 O2 ce D053 must be carried out in parallel.
Communicated by Iglesias-Gonzalez J, Huete-Ortega M and Gnaiger E (last update 2019-04-04)
Specific SUIT protocols
SUIT-022 O2 ce D051
- SUIT-022 O2 ce D051 for intact microalgal cells (ce)
SUIT-022 O2 ce D00SHAM
- SUIT-023 O2 ce D053 for for intact microalgal cells (ce)
Strengths and limitations
- SUIT-022 provides an estimation of the cyanide-and antimycin A-resistant mitochondrial respiration due to the activity of the alternative oxidase on cells on ROUTINE. To complement the study with the estimation of the contribution of the cytochrome c pathway to respiration, it must be carried out in parallel to SUIT-023.
- + This protocol can be used with other type of cells, although optimal concentrations of inhibitors have to be optimised.
- + Short duration of experiment
- - Estimation of the linear coupling control is not done
- - The use of cyanide requires a careful and in deep cleaning of the chambers after use and careful handling of the chemical to guarantee health safety.
Compare SUIT protocols
MitoPedia methods: Respirometry