- Mitochondria and Cell Research - the Oroboros Ecosystem
- Scientists with a gentle touch of entrepreneurship
- 40 O2k-Chambers (20 O2k)
- The Oroboros O2k-Laboratory ('Mitochondriales Forschungslabor') is a scientific research laboratory in Innsbruck, Austria, and likely the best equipped lab for high-resolution respirometry (HRR) worldwide. The O2k-Lab was opened during the course of the K-Regio project MitoCom Tyrol in June 2013. It comprises 140 sqm which are divided into the office and research areas.
- Twenty O2k instruments for HRR (40 chambers) equipped with automatic Titration-Injection microPumps and the newest O2k-MultiSensor Modules or the NextGen-O2k configuration are available for research and biomedical applications. The newest instrumental designs are used for rigorous testing of our innovations.
- Two additional O2ks (4 chambers) are devoted to instrumental development.
- According to the concept of open innovation, the Oroboros O2k-Laboratory welcomes visiting researchers from all over the world.
- » More details: Oroboros Support
Collaborators in the Oroboros Ecosystem
- SUIT protocols are applied in tissue samples from animal models and human patients. Using cultured cells or cells extracted from blood samples, the effects of genotypic variations or of various drugs are studied on OXPHOS parameters, using
- coupling control protocols (CCP) in intact cells to evaluate effects on ROUTINE respiration, biochemical coupling efficiency and extracellular ROS production under physiological conditions;
- various substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titration (SUIT) protocols in permeabilized cells for deep OXPHOS phenotyping (cell ergometry).
- Bioblast links: Oroboros Laboratory - >>>>>>> - Click on [Expand] or [Collapse] - >>>>>>>