Abbreviation: OXPHOS (F+M+P+G+S+Rot)
- SUIT protocol pattern: 1D;2M;3Oct;3c;4M;5P;6G;7S;8Rot-
The SUIT-025 protocol is based on SUIT-002 specially designed to give information on F-pathway in OXPHOS state avoiding FAO overestimation in the presence of anaplerotic pathways. Moreover, the pathway control of F, F(N), FN and FNS pathways in OXPHOS state can be evaluated by using this SUIT protocol.
Communicated by Doerrier C (last update 2019-06-05)
Specific SUIT protocols
SUIT-025 O2 mt D057
- SUIT-025 O2 mt D057 for isolated mitochondria, tissue homogenate and permeabilized cells (already permeabilized when they are added to the chamber)
Steps and respiratory states
|Step||State||Pathway||Q-junction||Comment - Events (E) and Marks (M)|
- » Selected keywords in SUIT protocols
- Pathway control
Strengths and limitations
- + SUIT-025 allows the depletion of endogenous substrates with ADP (1D).
- + The protocol provides information on F-pathway in OXPHOS state. The low concentration of malate used in this protocol, typically 0.1 mM, does not saturate the N-pathway; but saturates the F-pathway.
- + F-pathway (3Oct-2M.1) can be compared to FN-pathway (5P) in OXPHOS state.
- + Pathway control in OXPHOS (F, F(N), FN, FNS and S pathways) can be evaluated.
- + Harmonization with many SUIT protocols (up to step 7S).
- + Short experimental time.
Compare SUIT protocols
- SUIT-002 (the reference protocol 2) differs from SUIT-025 in the coupling and pathway control states. SUIT-002 allows the evaluation of pathway control in OXPHOS state (F, F(N), FN, FNS, FNSGp pathways) and in ET state (FNSGp and SGp) whereas in SUIT-025 only F, F(N), FN and FNS pathways in OXPHOS state can be evaluated.
MitoPedia methods: Respirometry