Mahdihassan S (1989) Comparing Yin-Yang, the Chinese symbol of creation, with Ouroboros of Greek alchemy. Am J Chin Med 17:95-8. - »Bioblast link«
Oroboros logo. Abraham Eleazar (1760) Uraltes chymisches Werk. 2nd ed, Leipzig.
The Mitochondrial Oroboros by Odra Noel
Oroboros spans the world
Oroboros in Copenhagen
Oroboros in Krakow
- An excursion at the FLAWOPIRYNIA conference in Lodz to Krakow (2012-10-25 to 26) revealed two Ouroboros emblems (photo by Prof. Cezary Watala).
- A web search revealed possibly another Ouroboros from Krakow: flickr.com (2012-10-28).
Oroboros in Paris
Oroboros collection: eating its own tail
- Gnaiger E (2014) Mitochondrial pathways and respiratory control. An introduction to OXPHOS analysis. 4th ed. Mitochondr Physiol Network 19.12. Oroboros MiPNet Publications, Innsbruck:80 pp. - »Bioblast link«
Gödel, Escher, Bach
- 'Lady Lovelace, no less than Babbage, was profoundly aware that with the invention of the Analytical Engine, mankind was flirting with mechanized intelligence - particularly if the Engine were capable of "eating its own tail" (the way Babbage described the Strange Loop created when a machine reaches in and alters its own stored program). In an 1842 memoir, she wrote that the A.E. "might act upon other things besides number". While Babbage dreamt of creating a chess or tic-tac-toe automaton, she suggested that his Engine, with pitches and harmonies coded into its spinning cylinders, "might compose elaborate and scientific pieces of music of any degree of commplexity or extent."'
- Douglas R Hofstadter (1979) Gödel, Escher, Bach: An eternal golden braid. A metaphorical fugue on minds and machines in the spirit of Lewis Carroll. The Harvester Press.
M. C. Escher: Dragon (wood-engraving, 1952). 'However much this dragon tries to be spatial, he remains completely flat. Two incisions are made in the paper on which he is printed. Then it is folded in such a way as to leave two square openings. But this dragon is an obstinate beast, and in spite of his two dimensions he persists in assuming that he has three; so he sticks his head through one of the holes and his tail through the other.']]
- Error creating thumbnail: convert: unable to open image `/var/www/wikioroboros/images/0/00/Prigueux.JPG': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2641.
convert: no images defined `/tmp/transform_1285dd25030d.jpg' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3044.Error code: 1