(Redirected from O2k-Start up and Training)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- O2k On-site Training. In most cases, the O2k-Manual provides sufficient detail for setting up the O2k and starting measurements, particularly in conjunction with participation in a remote installation and startup support session (included in all O2k-Packages). Upon special request and subject to an additional fee, however, a start-up visit by a scientific application specialist supports a highly efficient start of a project.
- Must be purchased in conjunction with an O2k.
- For a quote please fill out our online form
- Please note that any chemicals required for demo experiments etc will need to be made available by the customer/end user.
- Date of training to be mutually agreed upon
- Detailed training program is to be mutually agreed upon
- Maximum number of participants: 5
- Minimum duration: 2 days
- Oroboros will guide the participants through hands-on sessions, who will be using the O2k available at their research laboratory/institution. These sessions will range from instrumental setup and service of the polarographic oxygen sensor (OroboPOS) for instrumental quality control system, which is an essential component of HRR, to TIP2k, and respirometry experiments with customized specific substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor (SUIT) protocols. The customer will prepare the biological sample used during the O2k training according to his preference. Oroboros will present the Oroboros SUITbrowser, designed to find the best SUIT protocol for your specific research questions. Many optimized SUIT protocols are available as DL-Protocols and will be shown during the training. The Blue Book (5th edition) and Mitochondrial physiology provide a basic introduction to mitochondrial physiology, complementing the training course, and therefore, it is recommended to read them beforehand. Finally, if using the O2k-FluoRespirometer, its O2k-MultiSensor applications, particularly fluorescence measurements, will be introduced.
Temporary virtual option
- Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions a virtual option of the O2k on-site training is offered temporarily instead of an on-site visit.
- The training will be held in several sessions on different days, covering different topics, starting off with a supervised setup of the O2k. Maximum number of participants is not limited.
- There will be some days between each session for the customers to have some time to repeat what they have learned and to make sure that the skills were acquired successfully.