O2k-Coaching Days Innsbruck
- By organizing O2k-Coaching Days Innsbruck, the Oroboros team responds to increasing demands for training in high-resolution respirometry (HRR) beyond the capacity of our regular O2k-Workshops. O2k-Coaching Days are offered in the Oroboros O2k-Laboratory according to demand and availability for up to 14 participants. Experts provide training for quality control in high-resolution respirometry, aimed at standardization of SUIT protocols and fostering proficiency to generate experimental data of assured high quality as required for a database on mitochondrial physiology.
- The flexible program may be adjusted to the individual requirements of the participants, with specific coaching blocks particularly on instrumental setup and maintenance, instrumental quality control, MitoFit proficiency testing using standardized mitochondrial reference samples, DatLab analysis, SUIT protocols and experimental design, normalization of flux and data reporting, O2k-Fluorometry for measurement of hydrogen peroxide, ATP production, Ca2+ uptake capacity, mitochondrial membrane potential with fluorometric and potentiometric methods, measurement of respiration and acidification, quality control management in HRR. The O2k-Coaching Days help participants to get prepared for their projects on HRR, even if the regular O2k-Workshops are fully booked.
O2k-Coaching Days - Basic - Quality Control
- O2k-Coaching Days - Basic is a training course that provides a fundamental introduction to high-resolution respirometry (HRR) with the Oroboros O2k. We will give you an overview of the O2k-FluoRespirometer, including real-time analysis with the last version of DatLab available and applications of the Titration-Injection microPump TIP2k. In the Quality Control module, hands-on sessions range from instrumental assembly, OroboPOS technical service and the instrumental quality controls 1 (O2 sensor test) and 2 (O2k-chamber test), which are essential components of HRR.
O2k-Coaching Days - Basic - SUIT protocols and proficiency test
- O2k-Coaching Days - Basic - SUIT protocols and proficiency test provides training on high-resolution respirometry, guiding through standard operating procedures at the instrumental and experimental level on mitochondrial respiratory function. Many optimized substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor (SUIT) protocols are available as DL-Protocols and are presented at the Coaching Days, together with the SUITbrowser, which helps to find the best SUIT protocol for different specific research questions. Each participant performs hands-on experiments with an individual O2k, using intact and permeabilized cells (MitoFit-Reference sample), thus providing practical training to perform SUIT protocols. The participants also complete DatLab analysis and summarize statistically the results in comparison with the data of other participants and a controlled reference data set. Upon successful completion of the MitoFit proficiency test, a unique certificate in 'Quality control in high-resolution respirometry' will be obtained.
O2k-Coaching Days - Advanced - Fluo
- O2k-Coaching Days - Advanced - Fluo provides advanced training on O2k-FluoRespirometry for measurement of H2O2 production, mt-membrane potential, phosphorylation of ADP to ATP (ATP production), and/or Ca2+ uptake capacity. O2k-MultiSensor protocols and applications are always performed in combination with respirometry. Discussion of experimental results, reporting, and interpretation of SUIT protocols constitutes an integral part of the training.
O2k-Coaching Days - Advanced - NextGen all-in-one
- O2k-Coaching Days - NextGen all-in-one provides advanced training on detection of Coenzyme Q and/or NADH redox state, always in combination with high-resolution respirometry. The PhotoBiology Module, which enables to study photosynthesis with controlled light stimulation and O2 production detection, is also presented.