(Redirected from MiPschool 2010 Druskininkai LT)
MiPschool Druskininkai LT 2010
Druskininkai LT, 2010 Jun 10-16. 4th MiPsummer school on Mitochondrial Respiratory Physiology.
Mitochondrial Physiology Society (2010-06-10) MitoGlobal
Abstract: 4th MiPsummer school on Mitochondrial Respiratory Physiology, 2010 June 10-16, Druskininkai, Lithuania.
- Vilma Borutaite, PhD
- Institute for Biomedical Research, Kaunas University of Medicine, 3007 Kaunas, Lithuania
- We are happy to announce the final programme for the MiPsummer School 2010 which will be held at the Conference center Spa-Vilnius, Druskininkai, Lithuania. This will be the Fourth MiPsummer School, following the successful MiPsummer Schools 2007, 2008, and 2009.
- The MiPsummer School is open to graduate students, postdocs, scientists from academia and biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies and related entities. The aim of the MiPsummer School is to provide current information and concepts on mitochondrial physiology from basic, biomedical and clinical perspectives. Overview presentations and practical demonstrations on high-resolution respirometry and its applications in mitochondrial physiology will be included. The interests expressed by participants and the MiP lecturers will determine the range of topics but special emphasis this year will be given to mitochondria in brain health and disease.
- MiPsummer Programme final (2010-06-08)
MiPsummer 2010 - Travel Information
- Druskininkai is located 120-130 km south from Vilnius and Kaunas. Both cities, Vilnius and Kaunas, have international airports with good connections to many European cities.
- Travel plan 1:
- 1) Fly to International Airport of Vilnius(VNO) (flights from Paris, Amsterdam, Helsinki, Oslo, London, Stockholm, Tallinn, Riga, Copenhagen, Dublin, Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Frankfurt, Prague, Warsaw, Kiev, Munich, Vienna, Milan, Rome).
- 2) Take the connecting train or the bus number 1 to Vilnius Railway/Bus station (tickets may be purchased from drivers, less than 1 Euro), or taxi (approximately 8 Euro).
- 3) Take a coach to Druskininkai (approximately 10 Euro).
- Travel plan 2:
- 1) Fly to International Airport of Kaunas(KUN) (Ryanair flights from Oslo, Riga, Dublin, Tamper, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bristol, London, Paris, Bremen, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Brussels, Frankfurt, Milan, Barcelona).
- 2) Take the bus number 29 (less than 1 Euro), or taxi (approximately 15 Euro) to Kaunas Bus station.
- 3) Take a coach to Druskininkai (approximately 10 Euro).
- Druskininkai Bus station is next to Conference center Spa-Vilnius (K. Dineikos str. 1, Druskininkai; www.spa-vilnius.lt ).
- Time tables for coaches to Druskininkai can be found on-line: www.autobusubilietai.lt
- If there is a request from participants we can organize transportation from Vilnius and Kaunas (additional fees would apply).
MiPsummer 2010: Recommended Reading
- Becker T, Gebert M, Pfanner N, van der Laan M (2009) Biogenesis of mitochondrial membrane proteins Current Opinion in Cell Biology. 21:484–493
- Bellance N, Lestienne P, Rossignol R (2009) Mitochondria: from bioenergetics to the metabolic regulation of carcinogenesis Frontiers in Bioscience. 14: 4015-4034.
- Benard G, Rossignol R (2008) Ultrastructure of the mitochondrion and its bearing on function and bioenergetics Antioxidants and Redox Signaling. 10 (8): 1313-1342.
- Bolender N, Sickmann A, Wagner R, Meisinger C, Pfanner N (2008) Multiple pathways for sorting mitochondrial precursor proteins EMBO reports. 9 (1): 42-49.
- Keywords: MIA, PA M, SAM, TIM, TOM.
- Borutaite V (2010) Mitochondria as decision-makers in cell death Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis: Review Article.
- Keywords: apoptosis, necrosis, cytochrome c, mitochondrial membrane, permeability transition.
- Borutaite V, Mildaziene V, Brown GC, Brand MD (1995) Control and kinetic analysis of ischemia-damaged heart mitochondria: which parts of the oxidative phosphorylation system are affected by ischemia? BBA. 154-158.
- Keywords: mitochondrion, ischemia, control coefficient, hear.
- Brown GC, Neher B & J (2010) Inflammatory neurodegeneration and mechanisms of microglial killing of neurons Molecular Neurobiology. 41 (2-3).
- Keywords: inflammation, cell death, nitric oxide, peroxynitrite, phagocytosis, iNOS, NADPH oxidase.
- Brown GC (2007) [Nitric oxide and mitochondria Frontiers in Bioscience. 12:1024-1033.
- Ciapaite J, Nauciene Z, Baniene R, Wagner MJ, Krab K, Mildaziene V (2009) Modular kinetic analysis reveals differences in Cd2+ and Cu2+ ion-induced impairment of oxidative phosphorylation in liver FEBS Journal. 276: 3656–3668
- Keywords: cadmium and copper, lipid peroxidation, metabolic control analysis, modular kinetic analysis, oxidative phosphorylation.
- Gellerich GN, Gizatullina Z, Nguyen HP, Trumbeckaite S, Vielhaber S, Seppet E, Zierz S, Landwehrmeyer B, Riess O, von Hörsten S, Striggow F (2008) Impaired regulation of brain mitochondria by extramitochondrial Ca2+ in transgenic huntington disease rats The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 283 (45): 30715–30724.
- Gellerich FN, Gizatullina Z, Arandarcikaite O, Jerzembek D, Vielhaber S, Seppet E, Striggow F (2009) Extramitochondrial Ca2+ in the nanomolar range regulates glutamate-dependent oxidative phosphorylation on demand. PLoS ONE. 4(12).
- Gnaiger E (2010) MitoPathways: Respiratory States and Coupling Control Ratios. In: Mitochondrial Pathways and Respiratory Control. OROBOROS MiPNet Publications 2007-2010, 2nd ed.: 43-53.
- Gnaiger E (2009) Capacity of oxidative phosphorylation in human skeletal muscle. New perspectives of mitochondrial physiology. International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology. 41: 1837-1845.
- Focus on: Respirometry with permeabilized fibres and isolated mitochondria. Convergent CI+II electron input and OXPHOS capacity. Tissue-OXPHOS capacity in human permeabilized muscle fibres and isolated mitochondria. Tissue-OXPHOS capacity and functional diversity.
- Gnaiger E (2009) Mitochondrial Pathways through Complexes I+II: Convergent Electron Transport at the Q-Junction and Additive Effect of Substrate Combinations. In: Mitochondrial Pathways and Respiratory Control. OROBOROS MiPNet Publications 2009, 2nd ed.
- Gnaiger E (2008) Polarographic oxygen sensors, the oxygraph and high-resolution respirometry to assess mitochondrial function. In: Mitochondrial dysfunction in drug-induced toxicity (Dykens JA, Will Y, eds) John Wiley: 327-352. – A methodological introduction into high-resolution respirometry.
- Focus on: Polarographic oxygen sensor and traditional oxygraphy. High-resolution respirometry: The Oxygraph-2k. Calibration of polarographic oxygen sensors and oxygen concentration in respiration media at air saturation. From Oxygraph slopes to respiratory flux corrected for background effects. Phosphorylation control protocol with intact cells. Titration steps of the PC protocol. Experimental example for the PC protocol. Flux control ratios from the PC protocol. Intact cells, permeabilized cells and tissue, or isolated mitochondria?
- Gnaiger E, Kuznetsov AV (2001) Mitochondrial respiration at low levels of oxygen and cytochrome c Biochemical Society Transactions. 30 (2): 252-258.
- Keywords: cell–cell signaling, energy substrates, exercise, gluconeogenesis, redox.
- Hand SC, Menze MA (2008) Mitochondria in energy-limited states: mechanisms that blunt the signaling of cell. The Journal of Experimental Biology. 211: 1829-1840.
- Keywords: apoptosis, necrosis, permeability transition pore, metabolic depression, anoxia, diapause, caspase activation.
- Menze MA, Fortner G, Nag S, Hand SC (2010) Mechanisms of apoptosis in Crustacea: what conditions induce versus suppress cell death? Apoptosis: Special issue on unusual model systems for cell death research. 15 (3): 293-312.
- Keywords: metabolic depression, diapauses, anoxia, Artemia franciscana, caspase, Bcl-2 family proteins, Apaf-1, Apip, IAP, radiation, toxins, viral infection, EST, phylogeny
- Menze MA, Boswell L, Toner M, Hand SC (2009) Occurrence of mitochondria-targeted late embryogenesis abundant (LEA) gene in animals increases organelle resistance to water stress The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 284 (16): 10714–10719.
- Mildaziene V, Nauciene Z, Baniene R, Grigiene J (2001) Multiple effects of 2,2´, 5.5´-tetrachlorobiphenyl on oxidative phosphorylation in rat liver mitochondria Toxicological Sciences. 65: 220-227.
- Keywords: 2,2´, 5.5´-tetrachlorobiphenyl, liver mitochondria, oxidative phosphorylation, respiration, membrane potential, ATP synthase, complex I, kinetic analysis.
- Seppet E, Gruno M, Peetsalu A, Gizatullina Z, Nguyen HP, Vielhaber S, Wussling MHP, Trumbeckaite S, Arandarcikaite O, Jerzembeck D, Sonnabend M, Jegorov K, Zierz S, Striggow F, Gellerich FN (2009) Mitochondria and energetic depression in cell pathophysiology International Journal of Molecular Science. 10: 2252-2303.
- Keywords: mitochondria, energy depression, mitochondrial cell death, neurodegenerative, diseases, inflammation, hypoxia, cancer.
- Toleikis A, Trumbeckaite S, Majiene D (2005) Cytochrome c effect on respiration of heart mitochondria: Influence of various factors Bioscience Reports. 25 (5/6): 387-397.
- Keywords: saponin-permeabilized heart muscle fibers, isolated mitochondria, outer mitochondrial membrane permeability, cytochrome c test, oxidative phosphorylation, ischemia.
- Zukiene R, Nauciene Z, Ciapaite J, Mildaziene V (2010) Acute temperature resistance threshold in heart mitochondria: Febrile temperature activates function but exceeding it collapses the membrane barrier International Journal of Hyperthermia. 26(1): 56–66.
- Keywords: heart mitochondria, modular kinetic analysis, membrane permeability, hyperthermia, oxidative phosphorylation.