Innsbruck AT, 2011 Jul 11-13. Oroboros O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry (HRR) and O2k-Fluorometry, IOC62.
62th Oroboros O2k-Workshop on high-resolution respirometry and O2k-Fluorometry. Innsbruck, AT; 2011 July 11-13.
• O2k-Network Lab: AT Innsbruck Oroboros
ORO, IOC, 2011
Gnaiger Erich, CEO, Oroboros Instruments
The July-Workshop includes a basic introduction to the Oroboros O2k, overview presentations on high-resolution respirometry (HRR), and applications in mitochondrial physiology. Specific emphasis is placed on hands-on practical sessions with the instrument and the software DatLab 4.3, to introduce the participants into the technical and operational details of the method. An overview is given on the O2k-MultiSensor System, using our TPP+ electrode for simultaneous measurement of mt-membrane potential and oxygen consumption.
As an outlook to INNOVATION, we will present our newest perspectives on the O2k-Fluorometer, which is being developed in the frame of the project MitoCom Tyrol. It is intended not only to develop a new generation instrument, but also to maintain our strategy of options for modular upgrading the current O2k-Models. The workshop programme is complemented by lectures and experiments based on substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titration (SUIT) protocols. Short presentations of 'Hot topics in Mitochondrial Physiology' extend the discussions on respiratory protocols.
Monday, 11. July
- 09:00-12:30 Introduction to High-Resolution Respirometry
- 14:00-17:30 Hands-on experiments with the O2k: Calibration and instrumental background oxygen flux
Tuesday, 12. July
- 09:00-12:30 The O2k-Fluorimeter in development: Demo experiment with tissue homogenate
- 14:00-17:30 Hands-on experiments with the O2k: TPP+ calibration and application with tissue homogenate
Wednesday, 13. July
- 09:00-12:30 O2k-MultiSensor High-Resolution Respirometry and data analysis: DatLab and application of Excel files. From TPP+ concentration to mitochondrial membrane potential.
- 14:00-17:30 Mitochondrial respiratory physiology: Protocols with substrate-uncoupler-inhibitor titrations for coupling and substrate control.
- New: »O2k-Core Manual.pdf
SUIT protocols for high-resolution respirometry
- Pesta D, Gnaiger E (2012) High-resolution respirometry. OXPHOS protocols for human cells and permeabilized fibres from small biopsies of human muscle. Methods Mol Biol 810:25-58. »Bioblast Access
- Gnaiger E (2008) Polarographic oxygen sensors, the oxygraph and high-resolution respirometry to assess mitochondrial function. In: Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Drug-Induced Toxicity (Dykens JA, Will Y, eds) John Wiley:327-52. »Bioblast Access
HRR and O2k-Fluorometry
- »Manual: O2k-Fluo LED2-Module
- Eigentler A, Fontana-Ayoub M, Gnaiger E (2013) O2k-Fluorometry: HRR and H2O2 production in mouse cardiac tissue homogenate. Mitochondr Physiol Network 18.05(01):1-6. »Open Access
- Gnaiger E (2012) Mitochondrial pathways and respiratory control. An introduction to OXPHOS analysis. 3rd ed. Mitochondr Physiol Network 17.18. Oroboros MiPNet Publications, Innsbruck: 64 pp. »Open Access - handout to O2k-Workshop participants.
O2k-Workshops are listed as MitoGlobal Events.
- This workshop is a component of the K-Regio project MitoCom.