|News and Events||About COST Action MitoEAGLE||Working Groups||MiP/MitoEAGLE Conference, WG and MC Meeting 2019 Belgrade RS||MitoEAGLE Preprint States and rates||Short-Term Scientific Missions||Inclusiveness Target Countries||Management Committee||Members|
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
Evolution-Age-Gender-Lifestyle-Environment: mitochondrial fitness mapping
- COST Action CA15203 MitoEAGLE
MitoPedia topics: EAGLE
|Name|| Genova Maria Luisa, Prof.Dr.
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
University of Bologna, IT
|Address||Via Irnerio 48, 40126|
|O2k-Network Lab||IT Bologna Genova ML|
|Gnaiger 2019 MitoFit Preprint Arch||2019||Gnaiger E, Aasander Frostner E, Abdul Karim N, Abdel-Rahman EA, Abumrad NA, Acuna-Castroviejo D, Adiele RC, et al (2019) Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v6.|
|Dalmonte 2009 J Biol Chem||2009||Dalmonte ME, Forte E, Genova ML, Giuffrè A, Sarti P, Lenaz G (2009) Control of respiration by cytochrome c oxidase in intact cells: role of the membrane potential. J Biol Chem 284:32331-5.|
|Bianchi 2004 J Biol Chem||2004||Bianchi C, Genova ML, Parenti Castelli G, Lenaz G (2004) The mitochondrial respiratory chain is partially organized in a supercomplex assembly: kinetic evidence using flux control analysis. J Biol Chem 279:36562-9.|
|Tioli 2019 MiP2019||2019|
|Genova 2019 MiP2019||2019||Tioli 2019 MiP2019.|
|Genova 2018 MiP2018||2018|
- I would like to congratulate with you for the success of the COST action CA15203 on "Mitochondrial mapping: Evolution - Age - Gender - Lifestyle - Environment". I read the abstract published by e-cost and I was favorably impressed by the description of the objectives of the MitoEAGLE network aimed to improve our knowledge on mitochondrial function. I wish I could be a partner of the network! - Maria Luisa Genova (2016).
- Given my professional experience in the field of bioenergetics, with specific expertise on mitochondria isolated from animal tissues, I will be mainly interested in the objectives of the WG2. In particular, my team can participate with studies about the mitochondrial function in relation to the supramolecular organization of the respiratory chain where the dynamic presence of the respiratory supercomplexes is a way to shift between the main metabolic fluxes of NAD- and FAD-dependent substrates in different metabolic conditions of the cell. Besides my basic studies on the enzyme interactions with the Coenzyme Q pool, I recently joined an Italian consortium of University laboratories whose target is to shed light on the molecular mechanisms underpinning muscle weakness and reduced muscle mass (sarcopenia) in ageing and attenuated response to exercise training stimuli in the elderly; both animal models and human subjects will be analyzed.
- In addition, I will be pleased to contribute to the tasks of WG1 by developing interlaboratory proficiency tests and instrumental platform comparison.
- Moreover, as a (potential) MC member of MitoEAGLE I can also offer visibility to the Action itself (i.e. WG5: MitoEAGLE dissemination and training, according to mitoglobal.org webpages) by establishing new interactions with the International Coenzyme Q10 Association (ICQA) where I act as a member of the Executive Committee. ICQA organizes biennal conferences on new highlights of Coenzyme Q research. In 2015, we held the conference in Bologna (http://conference2015.wix.com/icqaconference) and we included in the program also some scientific sessions dedicated to mitochondrial bioenergetics and diseases. I will be pleased to enforce cooperation between ICQA and MitoEAGLE. - Maria Luisa Genova (2016).