Reference: A: Determination of the respiration due to the cytochrome c oxidase pathway »Versions
The SUIT-023 is designed to provide an estimation of the mitochondrial respiration in cells due to the cytochrome c oxidase (CIV) pathway, which is non-resistant to cyanide-and antimycin A inhibition. This protocol must be complemented with the study in parallel of the mitochondrial respiration due to the alternative oxidase pathway (see SUIT-022).
Communicated by Huete-Ortega M and Gnaiger E (last update 2019-04-09)
Specific SUIT protocols
SUIT-023 O2 ce D053
- SUIT-023 O2 ce D053 for intact microalgal cells (ce)
Steps and respiratory states
|Step||State||Pathway||Q-junction||Comment - Events (E) and Marks (M)|
|ce2SHAM||ROUTINE OR ROX|| ce1;ce2SHAM
- » Selected keywords in SUIT protocols
- Pathway control
Strengths and limitations
- SUIT-023 provides an estimation of the cyanide-and antimycin A-non-resistant mitochondrial respiration due to the activity of the cytochrome c oxidase (CIV) pathway in cells. To complement the study with the estimation of the mitochondrial respiration due to the alternative oxidase pathway, it must be carried out in parallel to SUIT-022.
- + This protocol can be used with many type of cells, although optimal concentrations of inhibitors have to be optimised.
- + Short duration of experiment
- - Estimation of the linear coupling control is not done
- - The use of cyanide requires a careful and in deep cleaning of the chambers after use and careful handling of the chemical to guarantee health safety.
Compare SUIT protocols
MitoPedia methods: Respirometry