- The Open Access preprint server for mitochondrial physiology and bioenergetics
- 1 About MitoFit Preprint Archives
- 2 Guidelines
- 3 Submission
- 4 Preprints for Gentle Science
- 5 Advisory Board
- 6 Preprint questionnaire
- 7 Description
- 8 Published in MitoFit Preprint Archives
About MitoFit Preprint Archives
- MitoFit Preprint Archives is a non-commercial, Open Access online archive and distribution service for unpublished preprints in mitochondrial physiology and bioenergetics. Before posting preprints on MitoFit Preprint Archives, authors should clarify if the journal intended for final publication accepts manuscripts published as preprints in MitoFit Preprint Arch. Today scientists may decide to submit manuscripts exclusively to journals which accept the concept of preprints.
- Scope: The areas covered in MitoFit Preprint Archives include mitochondrial physiology, bioenergetics and ergodynamics.
- Once a DOI number has been assigned to a preprint including supplementary material, it cannot be changed, except for comments posted on the preprint page. An updated version can be posted, which will receive a new DOI number (v2; v3; ..), while the preprint version with the original DOI number will remain available and traceable. A preprint version can be removed only in exceptional cases, clarified on an individual basis.
- MitoFit Preprint Archives reserves the right to remove any articles that contain any material published without author consent, without an appropriate declaration of conflicts of interest, plagiarized material or describe experimental work that is not performed in accordance with the ethical standards for research using animals or human subjects.
- Open Access preprints (not peer-reviewed) are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original authors and source are credited. © remains with the authors, who have granted MitoFit an Open Access preprint licence in perpetuity.
- Once a manuscript has been accepted for publication in a scientific journal, MitoFit Preprint Archives does not accept additional preprint versions, in line with the policies of most scientific journals. As soon as a preprint has been published as a final manuscript on the website of a journal, the full citation is added to the preprint page in MitoFit Preprint Archives. It is the obligation of the corresponding author to immediately inform the editor(s) of MitoFit Preprint Archives on the full citation.
- Disclaimer: "Papers will be entered in the listings in order of receipt on an impartial basis and appearance of a paper is not intended in any way to convey tacit approval of its assumptions, methods, or conclusions by any agent (electronic, mechanical, or other). We reserve the right to reject any inappropriate submissions"' (citation from arXiv).
- Conflict of interest / Disclaimer: MitoFit Preprint Archives is operated by the team of Oroboros Instruments. Guidance by the expanding Member and Scientific Advisory Boards adds to our mission of handling submissions on a non-commercial basis, independent of the use of any products related to the commercial interests of Oroboros Instruments.
- The authors are responsible for (1) the content, (2) the consent of all coauthors, (3) having performed the experimental work in accordance with the ethical standards for research particularly when using humans or animals, and (4) appropriate declarations of conflicts of interest.
- Manuscripts must adhere to SI units and IUPAC recommendations. MitoEAGLE recommendations on terms and symbols are to be implemented.
- The MitoFit Preprint Archives Scientific Advisory Board reserves the right to reject a manuscript for preprint publication, explaining the rationale with reference to all names involved in the Open Access correspondence.
- Articles can be submitted by Email as a word document with embedded figures or as a pdf file accompanied by the abstract as a word document.
- Send your abstract as a doc file and pdf file to: email@example.com
Preprints for Gentle Science
» MitoFit Preprint Archives - The Open Access preprint server for mitochondrial physiology and bioenergetics
MitoFit Preprint Archives Member Advisory Board (MAB)
In prep: The MAB shall consist of scientific organizations and research consortia * The MAB will be responsible for defining the bylaws of ‘MitoFit Preprint Arch’. * A progress report and its evaluation, and updates of the bylaws of ‘MitoFit Preprint Archives’ will be on the agenda of the general assemblies of scientific member organizations and of management committee meetings.
MitoFit Preprint Archives Scientific Advisory Board (SAB)
|Section editors and MAB representatives|
|International Board|| |
- Aasander Frostner E, Lund University, SE
- Bergdahl A, Concordia University, CA
- Casado Pinna M, Institute of Biomedicine in Valencia, ES
- Chicco AJ, Colorado State University, US
- Duarte FV, University of Coimbra, PT
- Haendeler J, University of Duesseldorf, DE
- Khamoui AV, Florida Atlantic University, US
- Moisoi N, De Montfort University, UK
- Murray AJ, University of Cambridge, UK
- Pallotta ML, University of Molise, IT
- Sharma P, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, US
- Tomar D, Temple University, Philadelphia, US
- Towheed A, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute, US
- We cordially invite mitochondrial and bioenergetics scientists to join the MitoFit editorial team.
- Advance the awareness on MitoFit Preprint Arch in the scientific community.
- Extend the information content of MitoPedia: Preprints: description of relevant terms and references.
- Give advice concerning manuscripts submitted for preprint publication.
- Help to improve the standard of the Guidelines.
- Co-write a bi-annual or annual Editorial to critically evaluate and communicate the mission of MitoFit Preprint Arch.
- Add your suggestions here.
- 2019-02-12: Three questions on preprints were sent to all coauthors (530) of the preprint Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates.
- 176 responded (2019-03-05):
- Summary: 38 coauthors were unfamiliar with the concept of preprints. Among those, 20 responded positively to publish in MitoFit Preprint Archives, whereas only 8 were against preprint publication. This indicates that our initiative is a positive contribution to help to make preprints more popular.
- Frequently asked questions are addressed here: »MitoPedia: Preprints
- Comments on 'Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates': Comments
MitoFit Preprint Archives is an Open Access preprint server for mitochondrial physiology and bioenergetics.
Abbreviation: MitoFit Preprint Arch
Reference: MitoFit Preprint Archives
MitoPedia topics: Preprints
Published in MitoFit Preprint Archives
|Gnaiger 2019 MitoFit Preprint Arch||Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates
Version 2: Posted online 2019-03-15 Open Access Freely available online doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v2
Version 1: Posted online 2019-02-12 Open Access Freely available online doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001
|Gnaiger E, Aasander Frostner E, Abdul Karim N, Abumrad NA, Acuna-Castroviejo D, Adiele RC, et al (2019) Mitochondrial respiratory states and rates. MitoFit Preprint Arch doi:10.26124/mitofit:190001.v2.||2019|